How to Teach My Own Business, Inc. Courses
- Have your Instructor Application Form approved
- Complete the Certificated version of the course you plan to teach
- Sign and submit the Course Presentation Agreement
- Purchase an Instructors Guide including PowerPoint CD ($49.50)
- Furnish or have students purchase MOBI Textbooks (print or e-books) or remit enrollment fee (Minimum order of 10)
- Starting My Own Business is a 15 session course designed for the entrepreneur who wants to start his or her own business.
- Building My Own Business is a 15 session course for the entrepreneur who already has an established business and would like to see that business grow and prosper.
Who is qualified to teach the courses?
- Instructors must be Certificate graduates of the MOBI course they plan to teach.
- Instructors must have received an approved MOBI Classroom Instructor Application.
Where can the courses be taught?
- At educational institutions such as community colleges, trade schools, high schools, and adult education classes.
- Through civic organizations such as Small Business Development Centers, Chambers of Commerce or SCORE Chapters.
- By independent individuals teaching private for-profit classes or not-for-profit classes.
Teaching formats to select from:
Does the course include examinations?
- Yes. Free session quizzes and the final examinations are conducted conveniently through our online system. Free individualized Certificates of Completion can be downloaded by successful students who have completed a course and accomplished a passing grade on the final exam.
How can the My Own Business teaching experience be enhanced:
- Instructors can blend in their own additional topics and experiences
- Include interactive projects and events
- Facilitate student presentations and critiques
- Invite guest speakers to add a powerful dimension to the learning experience
- Print Version Textbooks: $39.50 Print versions of the online courses. Textbooks can be purchased individually by students or by the instructor.
- eBook Textbooks: $20.00 For use with eBook readers. Can be purchased individually by students or by the Instructor.
- Instructor's Guide: $49.50 Includes Classroom CD with PowerPoint presentations for all sessions, templates, ideas for publicizing the course and more.
- Free Certificate of Completion - Upon successful completion of a course on www.myownbusiness.org and a passing grade on a final exam, students can download individual Certificates of Completion.
- Submit your Classroom Instructor Application Form for approval.
- Enroll and complete the MOBI Certificate Course that you plan to teach.
- Sign the Course Presentation Agreement.
- Order your Instructor's Guide.
- Order textbooks or eBook textbooks (Minimum order of 10) or remit enrollment fee (Minimum order of 10).
Frequently asked questions
You establish your own price for student tuition or textbook fee.
The course has been conducted internationally in colleges, community colleges, high schools, Small Business Development Centers, prisons, community service organizations and private for-profit teaching organizations.
The course is usually conducted in 15 meetings of 2 to 3 hours each. A desirable option is to also have guest speakers who share experiences in operating their businesses. The course is flexible and can also be conducted in shorter workshops or full school semesters.
Yes, for prevailing discounts see previous paragraph, "How do I get started".
For significant orders of at least 200 textbooks, we will consider co-branding. Please contact us.
|Feedback from Instructors|
Scott Ford, Instructor
"If the goal is to teach entrepreneurship develop the individual's skills and really help them start their own business - then My Own Business is one of the best curriculums I have used during my six years in the Small Business Resource Center at Colorado Mountain College, Steamboat Springs, Colorado."
James Wolfensohn, President, The World Bank
"The high-quality, interactive content from MOBI has been instrumental to the success of the SME Toolkit in each of our target markets across five continents."
Wade Muncil, Instructor
"The MOBI website and course provided my students at Kwansei Gakuin University in Sanda, Japan with a resource they could use to form their own model companies, put together a twelve section business plan, and then present their plan to model investors. Of interest is that my students are non-business majors and they did everything in their second language. We thank you."
Don Gonneville, President Disabled Veterans Business Alliance
"The DVBA has adopted the My Own Business curriculum as the basis for our educational program. We based our selection on the clearly defined modules allowing us flexibility in meeting the needs and experience of our students, the excellence of student and instructor materials, and the assistance available from your staff. We are scheduling classes throughout the state, and we are very pleased that we can provide, with your assistance, such a valuable service to the disabled veteran community. Thank you for making this possible."