National and International Organizations
- Make Piece - Make Piece seeks to raise family incomes to the living wage level by providing marketable skills, jobs and ongoing supplemental support needed to help low-income families reach stability, health and enhanced quality of life.
- Association for Enterprise Opportunity - association for organizations involved in microenterprise development which offers training, technical assistance, policy and advocacy services, research and more.
- Hugh O'Brian Youth LeaderShip - Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership provides lifelong leadership development opportunities that empower individuals to achieve their highest potential.
- Young Americas Business Trust - The Young Americas Business Trust acts as a catalyst for young entrepreneur development in the Americas through business skills training, partnerships, leadership and technology.
- MicroMentor - MicroMentor's mission is to reduce barriers to business growth for disadvantaged small businesses and emerging entrepreneurs by providing access to insider networks, critical market information, and innovative services. The cornerstone of their program is the facilitation of mentoring relationships between volunteer business professionals and emerging entrepreneurs. The core mentoring service connects micro entrepreneurs with advisers for three to six-month intervals in email and/or telephone relationships. After completing an application on the Web site, users 'find' each other via an online searching and matching process. The demand by underserved entrepreneurs is huge: They welcome business professionals willing to share their hard-won expertise. Enroll today at www.micromentor.org and help a micro entrepreneur prosper.
- Center for Women & Enterprise - Established in 1995, the Center for Women & Enterprise (CWE) is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping women start and grow their own businesses. CWE is a national leader among women's business development agencies.
- Skoll Foundation - Advances systemic change to benefit communities around the world by investing in, connecting and celebrating social entrepreneurs.
- Rural Community Assistance Corporation - helps rural communities achieve their goals and visions by providing training, technical assistance and access to resources.
- Project Enterprise - provides technical assistance, peer support, and business loans to low-income New Yorkers who lack adequate access to business financing.
- Trickle Up - empowers the world's poorest people to develop their potential and strengthen their communities by encouraging innovation and leadership, maximizing resources, and more.
- AWED - AWED Provides information, counseling, and training for America's most precious economic resource - entrepreneurs! Their free First Steps Online program addresses some of the issues of business ownership about which you may not have thought.
- United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship - USASBE is the premier network for entrepreneurship educators at all student levels, for professional practitioners, for entrepreneurship researchers, and for government policy makers. Their mission is to advance knowledge and foster business development through entrepreneurship education and research
- Council for Entrepreneurial Development - CED provides an interactive forum for entrepreneurs, investors, service professionals, academicians, researchers and public policy makers who combine their energies to create an environment in which entrepreneurship can flourish.
- National Black Business Council - The NBBC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the creation and advancement of black businesses. The Council accomplishes this mission through a national alliance of African-American companies and economic development organizations. This alliance was formed to encourage black business Leaders to fully participate in the Federal policy and Legislative process.
- National Association of Women Business Owners - Since 1975, NAWBO has helped women evolve their businesses by sharing resources and providing a single voice to shape economic and public policy.
- Fitzgerald/Ben-Hill County Chamber of Commerce
- ACCION Chicago - An alternative small business lending organization providing loans $500-$25,000. ACCION's mission is to provide credit and other services to small business owners in and around Chicago, Illinois who do not have access to traditional sources of financing.
- ACCION San Diego - ACCION San Diego provides credit and training for low-to-moderate income micro-entrepreneurs throughout San Diego, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Southern Los Angeles counties.
- ACCION New Mexico - ACCION New Mexico is a nonprofit organization that increases access to business credit, makes loans, and provides training which enable emerging entrepreneurs to realize their dreams and be catalysts for positive economic and social change.
- The Entrepreneur's Exchange - a non-profit organization located in Annapolis, Maryland. EE is designed to provide encouragement, support, education, information exchange and marketing exposure to small business owners or individuals with the entrepreneurial spirit.
- Auburn University Small Business Development Center - The SBDC at Auburn serves eight Alabama counties: Coosa, Chambers, Clay, Lee, Macon, Randolph, Russell and Tallapoosa. The Center offers personal consultation as well as affordable workshops and seminars.
- Northwest Entrepreneur Network - NWEN is a community of entrepreneurs, service professionals, and investors who work with early-stage and rapid-growth companies from start to success. It offers education, mentoring, coaching, networking, resources, and opportunities for face time with private and venture capital investors.
- The Great Lakes Entrepreneur's Quest - a year-round educational program offering classes, training, coaching and mentoring to help entrepreneurs start, develop or accelerate a high-growth business within the state of Michigan. The Quest's business plan competition provides a venue for feedback from successful entrepreneurs and investors on ideas and plans submitted and recognizes the most promising entrepreneurs and their businesses.
- Oakland Business Development Corporation - OBDC's mission is to help entrepreneurs access financing and training to successfully start or expand their small businesses. Since 1979, they have been serving entrepeneurs in the City of Oakland and the greater East Bay who may not qualify for traditional bank loans.
- The Entrepreneur Center @ NVTC - To help individuals in the Northern Virginia area through the lifecycle of an entrepreneur - from concept to creation, marketing, sales, and onto success - by being the place to go in the region for entrepreneurial information, resources, and both direct and indirect assistance.
- Albert Lea Economic Development Agency - Their mission is to expand and promote services and resources to retain expand, create and attract business and quality employment opportunities in Freeborn County, MN.
- Albert Lea Business Development Center - Providing quality space, business services, and professional links to startup businesses in Freeborn County, MN.
- The Weill Institute of Bakersfield College SBDC - offers complimentary, confidential one-on-one counseling and technical assistance. Training programs are low-cost and scheduled for your convenience. Bakersfield, CA.
- Chicago Community Ventures - Provides financing, business advisory services and critical resources to small, high-growth businesses in the Chicago area.
- Women's Initiative - assists high-potential low-income women in the San Francisco Bay area who dream of business ownership. Through their 10-week program women are enabled to start, or expand their business.
- West Texas A&M University Small Business Development Center - Consulting, Training, & Research for Your Business
- The Empowerment Group - Their mission is to accelerate economic growth in distressed urban communities in Philadelphia by cultivating local entrepreneurship.
- NAWBO Greater Madison - Strengthens the wealth creating capacity of their members and promotes economic development, creates innovative and effective changes in the business culture, builds strategic alliances, coalitions and affiliations, and transforms public policy and influence opinion makers. Madison, WI.
- NAWBO Nashville - In addition to having membership meetings, small business workshops and networking events, the Nashville NAWBO Chapter has initiated programs and/or partnered with other organizations to promote and honor the accomplishments of women business owners. Nashville, TN.
- Troy Chamber Of Commerce - Get Connected, Stay Connected. The Troy Chamber of Commerce is continuously improving its methods for assisting small business owners and individuals working to grow their organizations. Visit our innovative 'Ask the Expert' website by clicking on the link above, where you'll be able to connect with area experts who have the knowledge and access to business leaders and information that best addresses your specific needs and challenges. Issues pertaining to finance, technology, quality of life, real estate, marketing, workforce, electronic communications, legal issues and more can be answered on this site.
- Manhattan, NY Chamber of Commerce
- Wichita, KS Chamber of Commerce